Streamline Workflow via Sale Order Automation using IDP
What purchase order is to the buyers, sales order is to the sellers. It is an important piece of document that is utilized for carrying transactions between buyer & seller, and is collaterally recorded within the premises.
Recording the sales order is normally not a huge problem for small vendors. On the other hand, big enterprises often struggle to keep track of this data amidst manual document processing.
To fix this problem, vendors have started to adopt sales order automation to ease their workflow, and automate the monotonous sales order processing.
To begin with let’s first see what a sales order is?
What is a Sales Order?
A sales order is a document created by a seller to the customer describing the details related to the product or services rendered. A sales order typically consists of details such as the price, quantity, terms, and conditions, etc.
Key Entries within a Sales Order
As mentioned before, it typically consists of different entries that are directed from seller to the customer. These entries are:
- Name of the company
- Name of the seller
- Contact details of the seller and company
- Billing information
- Shipping information
- Information about the product or service
- Price of the product without tax
- Charges related to tax, shipping, and delivery
- Total Price including taxes
- Terms and conditions
Depending upon the use case and the point of origin, there can be more details added to a sales order. Although, the entries mentioned above are commonly a part of a sales order.
Process of Creating a Sales Order and the Final Payment
The creation of a sales order comprises a couple of steps. Below are the steps taken to create a sales order:
- A quote is requested from the buyer’s end to the vendor for a particular service or product.
- Once the request is received, the vendor sends the quote back.
- If the buyer finds the quote right, a purchase order is generated at the buyer’s end.
- After the vendor receives the purchase order (PO), a sales order is generated by the vendor on its end
- based on the PO.
- The sales order is forwarded to the buyer to confirm terms and conditions.
- Vendor prepares the order as requested and delivers it to the buyer.
- Post delivery, the vendor creates an invoice using the sales order details.
- Upon receiving the invoice, the buyer makes the payment within the allotted time period.
What is Sales Order Automation?
Sales order Automation is the automation of steps associated with sales order creation. It helps in streamlining the process and takes out redundant activities such as data entry and validation from the cycle. This thereby helps in clearing the clutter that comes with the process and optimizes the task with reduced TAT (turnaround time) and operational cost.
What are the major benefits of Sales Order Automation?
There are plenty of benefits that come post sales order automation. These are:
- It automates the task of extracting data from sales orders leading to a huge reduction in manual work load.
- With sales order automation, a majority of costs related to operational cost and labor wages are reduced almost immediately.
- It substantially speeds up the task by capturing all the incoming documents, extracting data, processing it for exceptions, and uploading it to the ERP system.
- It enhances customer experience as well as workplace experience because the customer receives faster service and the employees get a solution to resolve queries faster.
To learn how VisionERA can help in sales order automation and what are the immediate benefits of the platform, click on the original link below.