VisionERA IDP — Automating Data Extraction and Verification in Healthcare
Post Covid-19, the demand for better and improved healthcare services is on the rise. From telemedicine to video conferencing, technology is bridging the gap between doctors and patients. Yet, the task of document processing is still managed manually. Much of these document processing needs are catered by frontline workers such as doctors, nurses, and other associated staff. This process is frequent, recurring, and thereby time consuming, time that can be well spent on treating patients.
In this scenario, it is ideal for any healthcare organization to start automating the documentation process using an intelligent document processing platform. It is because healthcare generates a wide range of unstructured documents that can only be processed automatically using an IDP.
Although, the question that remains is what exactly an IDP is? Read ahead to find out…
What is Intelligent Document Processing (IDP)?
Intelligent Document Processing is a one-stop document processing solution for any healthcare organization. It allows organizations to extract and verify unstructured data in bulk from a variety of healthcare documents. For example Patient Information Leaflet (PIL), Medical History, Discharge Summary, Medical Status, etc.
An IDP is an amalgamation of multiple proprietary technologies that enables it to perform its operation with exceptional accuracy and provide necessary automation. These technologies are artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision. It can also integrate with an RPA (Robotic Process Automation) to provide a complete end-to-end solution for simple automated functions such as upload, download, storage, etc.
VisionERA — Intelligent Document Processing Platform for Healthcare Industry
VisionERA IDP works in three stages i.e. decode, decipher, and decide. Let’s have a look at how each of these stages helps in processing unstructured documents to processed documents.
Once the batch of unstructured documents is uploaded into the IDP platform, these are the following stages that take place:
Decode: During this stage, the IDP will pre-process the documents uploaded for enhancing the quality for better image extraction. It comprises image adjustment for noise cancellation, sharpening, etc. After that, the embedded computer vision algorithm with OCR/ICR will capture data from these documents. The extracted data will be auto-classified & indexed using machine learning and passed onto the next stage.
Decipher: Here NLP backed by its deep learning network will start to extract relevant data from the previously captured data. Following this, business logic and triangulation logic will be applied to the data extracted for validation and verification.
Decide: This is the final stage. At this stage, the data will be uploaded to the relevant downstream application i.e. DMS, SAP, ERP, mails, messages, etc. IDP also allows employees to download the excel files for processed data directly.
Aside from the compelling accuracy and automation numbers of VisionERA, multiple other features of VisionERA make it a standout one-stop document processing solution. These are:
- Plug-n-Play capability
- Self-trainable ML algorithm
- DIY configuration of user interface using drag and drop
- Human-AI interface for 100% accuracy
- Platform independent and cloud-native
- Scalability and flexibility
- Competitive pricing
- IDP insights board
Adding to these exceptional features, VisionERA also allows custom DIY workflows and documentation. It can be handled by anyone without any coding experience. It is an easy-to-use platform that learns and evolves using a continuous feedback loop mechanism and works as a moldable solution as per requirement.
Benefits of using VisionERA IDP in Healthcare
There are plenty of direct benefits of using VisionERA IDP for any healthcare organization. The most common ones are mentioned below:
- Reduction in Operational Cost: With IDP onboard, the organization doesn’t require a dedicated staff for document processing related to back-office operations. Consequently, it helps in cutting down costs related to labor charges, paper costs, printing costs, storage costs, error reconciliation costs, etc.
- Customized Workflow: VisionERA IDP allows for a customized workflow suited to a particular use case. The establishment of workflow doesn’t require any coding skills and makes up for an easy step-by-step select option.
- No Human-Induced Errors: VisionERA IDP can perform operations with an accuracy of 99% or more. For exceptions, it prompts a human operator to reconcile a particular issue; once directed, it automatically replicates the reconciliation to the remaining exceptions.
- Easy Data Accessibility: VisionERA aids digitization and allows storage of data in an EDGE-based architecture or cloud. It makes the data a lot more accessible during the time of emergencies when the user can fetch relevant data with a single search.
- Enhanced Security: VisionERA IDP platform is deployed within the organization’s network. The stronger the network architecture would be, the safer the data will be from foreign intrusion.
To learn about the estimation of cost and different IDP use cases for healthcare, click on the original link of the article.